Sunday, November 11, 2007

Build MindRaider with Maven 2

Get access to the latest features! Contribute! Tweak MR!
Prerequisities to build MR distribution:

Method:

  1. Log in to SourceForge CVS:
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@mindraider.cvs.sourceforge.net:\
    /cvsroot/mindraider login
  2. When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key.
  3. Checkout MindRaider7 CVS module (to a directory e.g. CVS):
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@mindraider.cvs.sourceforge.net:\
    /cvsroot/mindraider co -P mindraider7
  4. Build MindRaider distribution:
    cd CVS/mindraider7 && mvn install
  5. Find the distribution in the directory:
    CVS/mindraider7/mr7-release/target
  6. Unpack the distribution (in a directory e.g. MR)
  7. Change to directory:
    MR/mindraider-7.1
  8. Run MindRaider:
    java -jar run.jar

To start development in Eclipse:

  1. Create Eclipse project:
    cd CVS/mindraider7/mr7 && mvn eclipse:eclipse
  2. Import the created project to Eclipse and open the mr7 project.
  3. Open class MindRaiderApplication and run it as Java Application

And that's it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Eberhart said...

I plan to try building your project using Eclipse. I hope you are making good progress. I looked at the early versions of MindRaider, and it is very interesting. Keep up the great work!

I wish I had the coding skills needed to help, but I am still learning Java/Swing/etc. Delphi is my normal development tool, so I think Java will be easy to learn (they are similar syntax and OOP).

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home